Buying a car at an interstate auction could be a very easy task but although there are various transportation options available for buying at interstate car auctions but it is a troublesome task to transport the vehicle from one state to the other.
There are various ways of transporting a vehicle from one state to another like Air Cargo (which could be real expensive), by sea (which could be time consuming), by rail (which also is a time consuming task) and by road.
The most convenient and preferable mode of transporting a vehicle interstate is by road, as it lessens the cost, time, documentation and stress. And also it is quite easy to trace the exact location of your vehicle. You can choose to ship your car by any local or interstate transport company. You can also move your car on your own, depending on the miles.
There are various types of Interstate vehicle transport companies all over the country. But before opting and signing the contract with any of them, you must consider a few points.
- It should be licensed with the government.
- They should have a proper transporting permit of the state where you want your vehicle to be transported.
- The documentation required to transport your vehicle as incomplete documents may lead to legal troubles while crossing the state.
- You must have a look over the price quote offered to you by various transport companies including the insurance amount as it is very important to get you vehicle insured with the company just to assure that incase of any damages or loss occurred, you can claim the same with the transport company.
- The company offers you various modes of transporting your vehicle like in an open cargo, closed cargo, or you can even hire a driver to drive it to the destination.
- Company offers you different delivery options like door to door delivery, depot to depot, and depot to door delivery, as convenient to you.
- There are various modes of payments are being offered by the companies like:
a) Partial payment in advance and the balance to be paid on delivery
b) Full money in advance
c) Payment on delivery
You can choose any means of payment depending on what suits both you and the transport company.
After selecting the transport company, you must ask them to inspect the vehicle in your presence and give you a receipt of the same so that you can claim the partial losses during transit like any dent etc. You also have to deactivate all the security alarms because it may create troublesome noise during transit, empty the fuel tank to around one liter as it would lessen the fire risk, and also take out all your valuable things from the vehicle before handing it over to the transport company.
These are the considerable and most convenient ways of transporting your vehicle from one state to another.