The beginners guide to buying quality repo cars in Oakland is the best guide for a novice to buy used cars. The used cars in Oakland are mostly the repo cars which are confiscated due to non payment of loan. The repo cars are also the police seized vehicles which the criminals abandon after some criminal activities.
Oakland is eight miles to the east of San Francisco in California. It is one of the largest and most busy ports on the western coast. Many corporate giants have their base in Oakland. Oakland also boasts of people who drive the most luxurious cars in the complete east bay region. This is the main reason why you can find your first car that too a luxury one in Oakland.
There are many used car dealers in Oakland besides the government auctioning houses. The police seized vehicles and the repossessed vehicles are in abundance in Oakland. The make and model of car that hold your fancy is available here at a throwaway prices. But before you try to buy used cars or the repossessed cars, you must know the basics of purchasing the used cars.
- You can purchase the high end cars in your own budget if you are planning to buy a used car. The used cars have a depreciation value of 30% per year on an average. The moment the car is out of the showroom, it loses 20% of its price. Therefore, you can buy a very luxurious car from used cars dealer at an affordable price.
- The best place to buy a used car is the government auto auctions which are quite a common feature in Oakland. If you are lucky you may get a swanky car which may be a few months old at an unbelievable price. The police and financial institute try to dispose the vehicle at the earliest as keeping a vehicle in their custody is an expensive task. The re possessed cars of the financial institutes are sold off at a price which is only to cover the remaining loan amount.
- If you are planning to buy a used car from the government auctions, you are assured of getting a clear title and have the confidence that you have a legal permission to drive that car. But if you are buying it from used car dealers, make sure that the car has clear title and has no liability on it.
- Check the condition of the car before making any financial commitment. Test drive the car for some time and then check its conditions. Take off the foot mats and carpet to check if there is any rusting on the floor. Check the odometer reading and compare the condition of the car with it.
- The used car dealers will always try to palm off a car at higher price. Remember that the dealer gets more money as commission if he can sell the car at higher price. Always bargain with the dealer and get the best offer.
If you follow these guidelines, you can strike an excellent bargain and get a quality repo car in Oakland.